Conference & Banqueting
For many hotels, the ability to make a big difference to a special day, be it a wedding, conference or special event, means big business.
It takes a can-do attitude, real attention to detail and a desire and determination to make a difference.
Conference & Banqueting is about outgoing people who go out of their way to make every event, of every size, truly memorable.
Events coordinators must be good organizers, capable of handling many different tasks, often under time and cost pressures.
They must have an understanding of the many different aspects of seminar management, including marketing, catering, presentation technology and logistics.
They must also be good communicators, capable of dealing with the different needs of presenters, delegates, catering staff and receptionists.
- To be fully aware of hotel facilities and activities.
- To ensure Conference and Banqueting suites are set up in accordance with hotel function requirements.
- To have knowledge of setting up, safe operation, storage and safe handling and care of Hotel Conference and Banqueting audio visual equipment.
- To ensure Conference and Banqueting rooms are serviced as directed.
- The service of food and beverage as directed by superiors.
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy
Health and Safety at Work.
- To be fully aware of and observe security procedures laid down by the hotel and company.
- To be aware of and strictly adhere to fire procedures, precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid
down by the hotel.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and security procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Sales ability
- The ability to listen: detecting customer needs
- Team leadership
- Teaching skills
If you have any questions, please contact us.