A Security Manager is in charge of a hospitality property’s security.
He oversees the Security Department and a number of security systems which protect the guests, the workers and the hotel buildings.
A Security Manager plays a fundamental role in the profitable running of a hotel.
When he does his job well the guests feel safe and relaxed.
This job requires someone level-headed, quick thinking and insightful.
Security Manager responsibilities
- Safety and security of guests, workers and hotel buildings
- Crime prevention and investigation
- Security systems including security patrols, surveillance systems, door locking mechanisms,
control of restricted areas, monitoring of master keys, etc.
- Initiating or maintaining policies and procedures for general safety and security
- Training of staff for emergency procedures
- Inspections relating to hotel security
- Regular security meetings
- Supervising the security team effectively checking that security staff do their jobs properly.
- Maintaining good working relationships with management and members of other departments.
- Keeping up-to-date with world news and hospitality security trends as well as plenty of other duties.
If you have any questions, please contact us.